Saturday, February 1, 2014

NEWS, AND SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!  I know many of you are looking forward to the Super Bowl, but I'm just excited to have some great weather to enjoy on this February 1.  I'm wearing shorts and writing this blog on my patio.  First, the news.  I will soon be revealing the new name and logo for my space formally known simply as Will Brooks Art Studio.  I am also quite busy finalizing all of the elements of my inaugural project.  All details must be considered thoroughly to ensure a Will Brooks Art quality experience.  I am 90% sure that the first show will be invitation only.  However, if all goes according to plan, that show and many to follow will be streamed live.
Now for the thought of the day:  I saw this story as a post on a fellow artist's Facebook page, and thought it was quite relevant to my new art direction.  What do you think about the interaction between viewer and art in our society?  I will agree that this was inappropriate conduct in this environment even though it was funny that the child simply saw a space to play in.  I want to take art from something to stand and observe to something that is an action and experience.  Wouldn't you like to be able to interact with art and create?  I'm waging my career on the hypothesis that people are ready to experience art in a new way.  More info coming soon.

No comments: