Monday, February 24, 2014

Happy Monday! (Here in Houston, it feels like Spring but looks like Seattle outside) Announcements:

First, I would like to thank my friend Don Cook for supporting me by purchasing one of my paintings from my "Rebirth" series titled "Hot Thought" 16"x20" Acrylic, Ink, and Rice Paper on canvas.  Don made me an offer, and I accepted.

Friend and Supporter, Don Cook with his painting:  "Hot Thought" 
Thanks again Don! 


"Hot Thought" in it's new environment, Don's home.
It looks so much better up on a wall to be enjoyed instead of in storage! 



I would also like to let everyone know that all 12 pieces that were hanging in Houston City Hall are now back in my space, White Box.  I am in the process of completely reorganizing my entire space for my upcoming inaugural White Box show and I need as much free space as possible.  So, please, if any of you have been interested in any particular piece, let me know, make me an offer, and it very well could be on your wall tomorrow!  Here are some examples of pieces that were displayed in the Houston City Hall Proximity exhibition:


Title:  The intentions behind | Those resplendent blue eyes | Are not nearly as brilliant 
48"x24" Acrylic on Birch Panel
2011


Title: Feathered Gypsies | Animating the Concrete | Cleansing the City of Crumbs
Acrylic and paper on panel
80"x36"
2009


Title: The Last Catch of the Day | Proves Difficult | Under an Umbrella of Thunder
Acrylic and Paper on panel
72"x 11"
2010
Some interesting facts about this painting: 
I painted it exclusively for a show I had in Galveston, TX.
I used (what seemed like a whole roll of) masking tape and high gloss varnish to give the effect of rain, which is barely visible in the photograph.  This painting, especially, must be seen in person in order to completely appreciate it. 
It is an unusual format for a painting which would look fantastic over a mantle, low window, or over a wide opening connecting two large rooms. 

Ignore all the pricing on my webpage, and make me an offer that is reasonable.  I really want people who love my work, to own my work, and I know most of us out in the world are no where near millionaires and I am no exception.  Make me an offer in accordance to your means and own art that was actually touched by a human. 

Thank you all for your continued support! 

No comments: