Thursday, November 14, 2013

Why I Want to Create My Own Art Universe Part II

Another reason I want to create my own Art Universe is to make original, personal, and authentic art more accessible to a wider audience.  Real art.  I was busy doing research for the business side of Will Brooks Art and found myself checking out the "art" that was available from Z Gallerie.  I kept scrolling through and clicking here and clicking there when I decided to investigate some of the artists they were selling.  I thought that maybe they were on to something being able have their images licensed out to such a large store chain.  Well, what I found was a bit shocking.  MOST of the 'art' Z Gallerie is hocking is made by artists who don't even exist.  Here is a list of 'artists' I'm alleging are complete fabrications created by either Z Gallerie or World Art Group( a publication company that seems to be the source of all of Z Gallerie's "art" stock:

   










Google any of these 'artists' and see what comes up.  This is 2013. Any artist big enough to have their images licensed out to such a large chain certainly would have a website of their own wouldn't you think? 
This is some of my competition- cheap, trite imagery either created on a computer by anyone or in some art sweat shop in China, India, Brazil or any other populous country with a substantial poverty problem.  This is not art and it angers me that it is being sold as such.  Art is more than decor.  It's also more than an investment.  Art is meant to enrich our lives.  It should make us feel, think, and dream.  Places like Z Gallerie cheapen 'art' as much as the big art fairs do.
My art is essentially the visual story of my ongoing life.  It is a direct reflection of how and what I'm thinking about.  It's how I study people and the world around me. It is authentic and created by a real person- me.  Please keep reading and please support REAL artists.  

No comments: