Monday, April 30, 2012

Report on the 2012 Hunting Art Prize Gala

The Gala Saturday night was quite the experience.  There were ice sculptures, flowers, gourmet food, and 4 exhibition areas that each had a theme from one of the four seasons.   My piece happened to be exhibited in the 'Winter' room.



Chip and I met several cool people- mostly my exhibition wall mates.


I may not have won the competition, but I was thrilled to be chosen as one of the 105 finalists out of over 1,600 entries from all across Texas.  It was a great experience and I hope I get to attend many more Hunting Prize Galas in the future.


This experience was simply one step in my journey of success as an artist.  My creative motor has been revved and it is shaping up to be a busy Spring/Summer of art making, competition entries, and project proposals.

No comments: