Friday, June 25, 2010

The intentions behind those resplendent blue eyes are not nearly as bright.

I want to share with everyone my latest painting and preview of stylistic changes to come. Stylistically, my goal was to create a striking portrait with cinematic qualities. The title is based on the brief interaction I had with the subject. It's really another way of saying: " You can't judge a book by it's cover." I also thought the title sounded a bit like a scene description in a film. This is also my one and only entry to Lawndale's annual 'Big Show' juried competition this year. I should be notified by Sunday if my work is accepted. If not, I will try to get into the Salon de Refuses show at Gallery 1724 on Bissonet where I have exhibited before. Fingers crossed everyone!

No comments: